||4 years ago|
|.circleci||5 years ago|
|dejagnu||6 years ago|
|examples||6 years ago|
|patches||5 years ago|
|sdk||6 years ago|
|submodules||5 years ago|
|.gitignore||7 years ago|
|.gitmodules||6 years ago|
|Dockerfile||5 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
|common.py||5 years ago|
|toolchain-m68k||4 years ago|
|toolchain-ppc||5 years ago|
AmigaOS cross compiler for Linux / MacOSX / Windows
Author: Krystian Bacławski
This project is missing a maintainer! Want to become one? Ask adtools developer team!
Short description: Cross toolchain build script for AmigaOS m68k and ppc targets. Supported host platforms are Linux, MacOSX and Windows (with MSYS2).
amigaos-cross-toolchain project provides an easy way to build AmigaOS 3.x (m68k) and ppc AmigaOS 4.x (ppc) target toolchain in a Unix-like environment.
Build process should produce following set of tools for m68k-amigaos target:
- gcc 2.95.3
- g++ 2.95.3
- libstdc++ 2.10
- binutils 2.14 (assembler, linker, etc.)
- libnix 2.2 (standard ANSI/C library replacement for AmigaOS)
- libm 5.4 (provides math library implementation for non-FPU Amigas)
- AmigaOS headers & libraries & autodocs (for AmigaOS 3.9)
- vbcc toolchain (most recent release) including vasm, vlink and C standard library
- IRA: portable M68000/010/020/030/040 reassembler for AmigaOS hunk-format executables, libraries, devices and raw binary files
- vda68k: portable M68k disassembler for 68000-68060, 68851, 68881, 68882
amitools with vamos AmigaOS emulator which is proven to run SAS/C
... and following set of tools for ppc-amigaos target:
- gcc 4.2.4
- g++ 4.2.4
- binutils 2.18 (assembler, linker, etc.)
- clib 2.2
- AmigaOS headers & libraries & autodocs (for AmigaOS 4.1)
Note: Patches are welcome!
There are no binary downloads provided for the time being. I do as much as possible to make the toolchain portable among Unix-like environments. Following platforms were tested and the toolchain is known to work for them:
- Windows 7 SP1 32-bit (MSYS2 2.6.0, gcc 5.3.0)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 32-bit (gcc 5.4.0)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit (gcc 5.4.0) Requires gcc-multilib package, and i386 libraries!
- MacOS X 10.9.5 (MacPorts - Apple's clang-600.0.57)
Documentation from Free Software Fundation:
Texinfo documents from GeekGadgets converted into HTML:
AmigaOS specific documents:
Firstly… you should have basic understanding of Unix console environment, really ;-)
You have to have following packages installed in your system:
- GNU gcc 5.x 32-bit version! or Clang
- Python 2.7.x
- python-dev 2.7
- GNU make 4.x
- perl 5.22
- GNU patch
- GNU gperf
- GNU bison
How to build?
Warning: Building with
sudo is not recommended. I'm not responsible for any damage to your system.
Follow steps listed below:
- Fetch amigaos-cross-toolchain project to your local drive:
# git clone git://github.com/cahirwpz/amigaos-cross-toolchain.git # cd amigaos-cross-toolchain
--prefixoption to specify where to install the toolchain). Note, that the destination directory must be writable by the user.
# ./toolchain-m68k --prefix=/opt/m68k-amigaos build
Wait for the result :-)
(optional) Install additional SDKs (e.g. AHI, CyberGraphX, Magic User Interface, etc.):
# ./toolchain-m68k --prefix=/opt/m68k-amigaos install-sdk ahi cgx mui
What if something goes wrong?
If the build process fails, please write me an e-mail. I'll try to help out. Don't forget to put into e-mail as much data about your environment as possible! It's vitally important to send me a full log from build process. You can capture it by redirecting output to a file with following command:
# ./toolchain-m68k build 2>&1 | tee build.log
... but remember to cleanup your build environment beforehand with:
# rm -rf .build-m68k